Monday, April 2, 2007

Because I'm uninspired (on disability) and lazy tonight I'm posting the lyrics to a song that inspires me somehow.
Drive til the wheels fall off by Adam Brand
My daddy threw me a set of keys and said
Look outside and my heart skipped a beat
When I saw what was sittin’ in our front drive
That old Ford was as old as me
It had, faded paint and some holes in the seats
It didn’t look like much but it was mine
And as I climbed inside

He told me, treat it like it’s your last one
And take your time coz it goes real fast son
And don’t you worry about breakin’ down or gettin’ lost
Coz breakin’ down’s just a hard luck lesson
And gettin’ lost helps you find direction
So hit the road and make the most of the gifts you’ve got
And drive it till the wheels fall off

That old car’s seen a lotta things
My first steady job that paid for the ring
That I gave to my first love
Now it’s parked outside the church where I’m
‘Bout to make a vow to her
My daddy pulled me aside and he said son
I know it’s your first and if you want this love to work

You better treat it like it’s……

Oh yeah breakin’ downs just a hard lesson
And getting lost helps you find direction
So hit the road and make the most of the gifts you’ve got

Just drive it till the wheels
Just drive it till the wheels
Just drive it
Just drive it
Till the wheels fall off

No comments: